India predicted for 2nd ODI: Kohli could change spinner, hand debut to Surya
Team India will go into the second ODI against England in Pune on Friday with its tail up after a convincing win over the world champions in the first match of the series. A stupendous batting performance was backed up by the bowlers who came back after a dodgy start to bury Eoin Morgan's team.
England have all to play for having already lost the Test and T20I series. Morgan's team has several injury issues like India and it remains to be seen how they turn up for the crucial clash.
Here's our predicted XI for Team India for the 2nd ODI against England
1) Rohit Sharma: The hitman showed glimpses of his outstanding ability at the top of the order in the first outing but had his innings cut short. Rohit has been the form batsman for India throughout this series and a big century on a flat deck is awaiting him in his favourite format.
2) Shikhar Dhawan: Out of favour in Tests and T20Is, but Shikhar Dhawan showed just why is he such an invaluable asset for the team in the 50-over format. A painful dismissal on 98 means 'Gabbar' will look to get to the three figure mark again. Consistency is very important from the left hander as he might now have to lead Delhi Capitals in the upcoming IPL in Iyer's absence
3) Virat Kohli: The entire country is waiting for Virat Kohli to get to the century mark and so is he. The Indian captain is in top form as he showed in the previous match and would love to cash in against a tired and demoralised England attack.
4) Suryakumar Yadav: He is ready to embrace the 50-over format too and should be given a chance to prove himself in Iyer's absence. Yadav's confidence in stroke making is something which gives him an x-factor and India needs a player who can break free from their formulaic batting in ODIs and bring in an added zing.
5) KL Rahul: The biggest positive for India from the first match of the series was Rahul's return to run scoring form. But the batsman knows he is far from his best. Rahul needs to get rid of his inhibitions soon and play free flowing cricket because there are many contenders for his current slot and they are all bloody good.